Parkside Fire Company is seeking interested applicants for the position of
Part Time EMT.
Overview of Job Description
- Function in the primary role of an Emergency Medical Technician on a top-notch Medic Unit serving five municipalities in our first-due local and mutual aid for numerous other municipalities in our second-due local
- Daily inspection of all apparatus and equipment
- Maintain appropriate inventories and documentation of daily duties
- House-keeping responsibilities as outlined by the supervisor and / or executive officers
Required Experience and Training:
- 3 years of 911-based EMS experience on an ALS unit as an EMT-B. Only applicants with at least 3 years of experience on an ALS 911 unit will be considered.
- High School diploma or possession of GED
- Hazardous Materials Awareness training
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) training (100, 200, 700 and 800)
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (must have two years driving experience)
- Must have a clean criminal background
- Current certification as a PA Department of Health Emergency Medical Technician (or higher) or National certification
- Current CPR certification
- Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) certification
- Current Resume & Cover Letter
- Proof of all certifications at time of interview
- Provide two references (non-relative) upon request
Please note that resumes and cover letters are accepted on a rolling basis. You may be contacted for an interview when the next round of hiring commences. All interview and hiring dates are TBD.
Send cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact the station regarding hiring. All questions can be directed to the above email address. Thank you for your interest!